React is a flexible and lightweight library that improves the performance of an app but needs installation. React can be installed without the user configuration. The package manager can either be npm or yarn, and the tool is create-react-app. We will install via npm instead.
Follow the steps below to install React:
1. Open VS Code in any terminal (root directory).
2. Open VS Code terminal,
3. Navigate to the Desktop directory.
4. Create a React app (my-app). For Windows.
npx create-react-app my-app
5. Create a React app (my-app). For Mac and Linux.
sudo npx create-react-app my-app
6. Change directory to project folder, my-app.
7. Start a development server.
Note: The development server runs the app at port 3000 on your local machine by default, localhost:3000. If the port is different, it means another server is already running at port 3000.
If interested to install React online, try it on Replit.
- Click the Shell navigation tab.
- Follow steps 3–7.
The installation process is documented on the Facebook Github repository
Techstack | Flutterwave partnership.
Support Techstack to keep making free content online.
Techstack article, sponsored by Flutterwave. Flutterwave is the easiest way to make and accept payments both online and offline from customers anywhere in the world. It is absolutely free!!! Sign up today.